Our body is composed of 5 elements: earth, fire, water, air, and space.
These are essentially our building blocks and we all have these within us..just in a different ratio. Our body is rejuvenated when we nourish it with these elements.
"I am not a Hindu, nor a Muslim am I. I am this body, a play of five elements, a drama of the spirit dancing with joy and sorrow."
Each of the five elements represents a state of matter in nature: Earth includes all solid matter while water comprises everything liquid. Air is everything that is a gas, Fire is the energy that transforms one state of matter into another and Space or Ether is the element concerning higher spiritual experiences.
Here's how you can connect to each element of your body with the help of some easy, every day practices:
- Walk bare feet on the ground
- Stick to a plant-based diet as much as possible
- Soak in the sun when you can
- Regulate the fire in your body with asanas
- Keep yourself hydrated
- Avoid cold fluids
- Be aware of your breath
- Regulate your breath with pranayamas
- Write down your thoughts to declutter your mind
- Meditate for 10-15 minutes everyday
Was this post helpful? Follow me on Instagram for regular updates like these!